At its meeting in Orlando, Florida TEMIA Members voted for:
- Erik Eames, CEO of Wireless Analytics, as TEMIA Treasurer.
- Ralph Rodriguez, Fellow at the MIT Media Lab, Founder and Research Fellow of Blue Hill Research, as TEMIA At-Large Executive Board member.
- Mitch Black, President of MOBI, as TEMIA At-Large Executive Board member.
The Telecom Expense Management Industry Association (TEMIA), the nauthoritative voice for Technology and Telecom Expense Management and Solutions Providers in related areas has elections for a portion of the board who serve a two-year term.
TEMIA’s Executive Board members provide leadership, oversee policy and set direction. TEMIA’s Executive Board is critical to driving greater levels of success for the organization, and helping to promote the TEM, MMS, EMM industry. In addition, the executive board works to support the organization’s mission:
- Expanding the size of the TEM, EMM, MMS and related markets.
- Fostering ongoing performance improvement through open industry standards and Ethics Code.
- Promoting TEM, MMS, EMM and related areas to customers, carriers, and analysts.
- Advocating for TEMIA members working with carriers and clients.
Ralph Rodriguez, Fellow at the MIT Media Lab, Founder and Research Fellow of Blue Hill Research, said, “I am honored to be re-elected for a second term on this prestigious board of executives. My continued goal is to educate the enterprise market and bring another point of view to TEMIA’s Executive Board to help it broaden the mission.”
“Mobility has the potential to radically reshape the way work is done in every industry and organization,” said Mitch Black, MOBI President and TEMIA Board Member. “This rate of change is increasing as enterprises become more mobile mature. I’m honored to continue to serve TEMIA as a member of the Board of Directors and to help guide the organization and it’s members in how to best be prepared for the future role of mobility in the enterprise.”
Erik Eames, CEO of Wireless Analytics, was reelected as Treasurer of TEMIA after serving in the position for the past two years. In his presentation to over 65 members on Monday afternoon, Mr. Eames stated, “the state of the union is strong; TEMIA as a non-profit trade association is financially poised to continue its mission of influencing and educating the industry around technology expense management. “As a key player in Managed Mobility Services (MMS) for the enterprise, Wireless Analytics delivers value to our customers in mobility every day”, said Eames. “Our value increases to clients by participating which helps us bring new solutions to our customers as a result of collaboration with TEMIA member companies”.
In addition, to elections the meeting featured participation by a wide range of members and guests. Top leaders from firms in the industry networked and exchanged ideas. Discussions were facilitated with round table discussions, fixed and mobile tracks and more. Attendees participated in a range of activities and presentations to discuss:
- Growing profits with existing clients through innovative new offerings.
- Strategies for those seeking funding to expand their business.
- Emerging trends for the industry.
- Opportunities to meet new strategic partners.
- Presentation of TEMIA’s Purpose; Core Values; Brand Promises; Key Initiatives.
- Reaffirmation of the TEMIA Ethics Code.
One attendee summed the meeting by saying that , “it was one of the best.”
TEMIA’s ongoing mission is to raise awareness, to improve the quality and value of solutions and to cultivate shared industry knowledge for Technology Expense Management, Telecommunications Management, Telecom Expense Management, TEM, Mobile Expense Management, Managed Mobility Solutions, MMS, Mobile Device Management MDM and Enterprise Mobility Management, EMM solutions. TEMIA seeks to do this through the development and promotion of open industry standards, and industry knowledge among solutions providers, business partners, telecom service providers, and enterprise clients. Further, TEMIA members subscribe to a Code of Ethics, which clearly establishes standards and differentiates their level of commitment to their clients.